Mystery couple – Oceanside, CA

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The “Mystery Couple” has been found!!!!! Although they were so gracious and thankful for the images (their granddaughter said it’s the perfect capture of who they are as a couple), they wish to keep their names private, and I totally respect that. The images have been sent and I can now end this very exciting adventure, because my mission (to get these images to them) has been completed. Thanks to ALL of you that helped share this image with your friends and family!

A few weeks ago, I was in San Diego to visit my BFF and photograph her family.  Before leaving, we took a drive up Hwy 101 and stopped in Oceanside to walk along the pier.   I had my camera with me (obviously, lol) and saw this couple coming toward us.  I was so moved by the way they were holding hands and smiling, I took their picture without even giving it a second thought.  Now that I’m back in Texas, I really wish I could somehow locate them to give them copies of these.  If you know who this couple is, will you please, please have them contact me?  It would mean so much.  Thank you!

July 11, 2013 - 2:43 pm

Elizabeth - Oceanside has a senior center- El Corazon Senior Center. You should contact them! :) http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/gov/ns/parks/senior/elcorazon.asp

July 11, 2013 - 10:22 pm

Peg - So sweet!

July 11, 2013 - 11:37 pm

Marilynne - I live near there and I thought at first I did know them, but sorry. Maybe someone else will help.

July 11, 2013 - 11:44 pm

Liz Palika - I live in Oceanside and she looks familiar to me. Not a friend but familiar. I’ll see if I can wrack my brain.

July 12, 2013 - 2:05 am

Bill Sperberg - I’ve seen him and talked to him before, but don’t really know him. If I run across him again, I’ll let you know. Bill S.

July 12, 2013 - 8:56 am

Joie valdez - Try contracting the North County times paper to find them.

July 12, 2013 - 9:26 am

Carla Stoner - They are adorable and these pics are fantastic! I’ll keep my eyes open for you!

July 12, 2013 - 10:20 am

Heather Elise - Sooooooo sweet! What a beautiful capture!

July 12, 2013 - 11:28 am

Lesley - Sweet photos. Shared on my FB page – I’m in Carlsbad, CA. I have a friend who is a photographer in Katy, TX. Small world.

July 12, 2013 - 4:36 pm

pegi hayes - Look familiar….seen them at jitters coffee I think…

July 12, 2013 - 5:57 pm

Julie - Great pic!!! Theres a couple coffee shops by the pier I hope u find them :-) What kinda camera did u use? U can contact the coastal news I bet they would help you :-)Good luck

July 12, 2013 - 6:38 pm

Leslie Robb - GREAT photos. You could contact the local paper and see if they’d run one – surely someone they know would see it.

July 12, 2013 - 9:00 pm

Carolyn - Oceanside has a newspaper that you could ask to publish the picture with the request that the couple contact you?
Just a thought. The paper is called the North County News.

July 12, 2013 - 10:29 pm

Nova - I’ve shared the pic on Facebook and my friends
are sharing it. We will find them!!!! I love it!!!

July 12, 2013 - 10:42 pm

Scott Westfield - Perhaps someone can print this and post it at the restaurant

July 13, 2013 - 12:52 am

Jill - Hi,
What a sweet picture. If you contact one of the news channels they would probably be able to help you and quick.

News channels
10 – 9 – 8 – 7

Any one of those have websites. I hope you find them =)

July 13, 2013 - 1:41 am

Brooke Silvas - Someone needs to post this pic at ruby’s on the pier. They are probably locals and go there all the time. Someone has to recognize them. Such an awesome pic!!! I want to be just like them when my husband and I grow old. ;)

July 13, 2013 - 8:46 am

William Villont / BNNS Radio - Time passes, our bodies fade, but True Love Never Ends and these photos are a testiment to that. Great job. Love them.

July 13, 2013 - 9:48 am

Connie Downs - Funny….I took my daughter to Oceanside back in early May, and got a few pictures of the locals on the pier. This one might be the same gentleman: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=176002005907826&set=a.176001999241160.1073741827.120605341447493&type=1&theater

July 13, 2013 - 2:16 pm

Ryan Elisei - This is truly heart warming. We should all be so lucky.

July 13, 2013 - 2:27 pm

Erin - I have seen them before. I don’t know who they are. Try contacting North County Times or San Diego Tribune to see if they can help.

July 14, 2013 - 12:32 pm

Margie Padelford - Beautiful picture!, hope you get it in the local Oceanside paper!

July 15, 2013 - 4:33 pm

Rayne - I used to work at the timeshare resort right next to the pier, and I’m almost positive I’ve seen him before!

July 15, 2013 - 4:57 pm

sandra - Possibly contact the paper or local TV to post the photo for you I am sure you will locate them then.

July 15, 2013 - 11:12 pm

saeja - Have you dropped it into google image? it might come up with a similar face….

July 16, 2013 - 1:24 am

Kyla - Mystery couple…

Do you know what day you were on the pier? I want to say that I have seen this couple at the Farmers Market in Oceanside. It’s on Thursdays. I’m almost positive. I will keep a look out for them. I go every Thursday

Kyla

July 16, 2013 - 1:46 am

Sheila - Have you considered contacting the vfw or Masons or Moose in that town! The may be able to help ID. Good luck and thanks for believing in true love!

July 16, 2013 - 10:28 am

KP - You should contact the business at the end of the pier, and maybe try Reddit. Also, you couldn’t possibly have driven up the Hwy 101 -that freeway begins in Los Angeles. I think you’re talking about Hwy 1, or PCH/Pacific Coast Highway as we call it. PCH overlaps with the 101 freeway up in the Valley/Oxnard area.

July 17, 2013 - 2:53 pm

Mark Richards - Thank you for the interesting and positive story. It reminds me of a situation (camera at the ready) I had while vacationing on Lake Powell. My house boating group was anchored in a cove early evening when a ski boat came flying into the cove and beached the boat on the rocks with a young man on the back with his leg rapped in a blood soaked towel and a splint. I went over to see if I could help and discovered the young man had had his leg sliced open when he was run over by the ski boat. The entire entourage of people he was with were in a state of panic. I asked if there was anything I could do aside from holing their boat from banging into the rocks, they asked me if I knew where we were. I pulled out a GPS locator/radio and pinged the National Park Service with the location for the rescue helicopter that was in rout but fling blind as Lake Powell has over 1300 miles of shoreline. The group at that moment was extremely greatfull but when I pulled out a camera to take pictures of the heroic deeds of all involved the situation changed in a moment. Several members of the party started to throw rocks at me and continued to do so until I was far out of range. This is one of several situations I have been in that has change the character of those involved. My intent has never to harm but that has not been the perspective of those with a guilty conscience. I have never rendered the footage and will probably never do so. I do understand your desire to show the beauty of the pictures you took and share them with your subjects though.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.